Friday, March 12, 2021

MUSIC REVIEW 016 : Blue Jazz TV - Blue Ragu Volume 2 - Live at Magick City

 

Blue Jazz TV is a super band of Galtta Media stars including label head Dave Lackner, sophistipop super producer Adrian Knight, the polished guitar & bass work of Max Zuckerman, the smooth drum work of Mike Avensky, and vocal appearances by Galtta luminaries Billy G. Robinson & Alice Cohen. This is perhaps one of the most technically polished live albums I've ever heard. From the first note its clear that these are some nasty musicians. The tightness to their sound is palpable

My favorite song on this record is Chiba Girl with a command vocal performance by Billy G. Robinson. When I first heard this song's refrain I asked myself "where has this song been all my life?"

-------------------------------
3 months later::::::::::: I forgot to finish this post but I absolutely love this album and listen to it regularly in the whip. I can't stop listening to "Chiba Girl" but the entire album is a stunning collection of what is a somehow technically beyond perfect sophistipop jams that make for some smooth driving and fun times. Every re-listen includes a schmear of new sounds and details I didn't notice. This is definitely a must listen if you like Steely Dan, Tears for Fears, or any group where you could combine the ideas of jazz, pop, and virtuosic luminaries


No comments:

Post a Comment