Friday, March 20, 2020

MUSIC REVIEW 002: Claude Fontaine - S/T

New Genre Alert: Rainy Day Ska Bubblegum

The moods on this record are the ones I'm trying to marinate my brain in before I consume its pink flesh in my nightly vampire feeding.

Listening to this record I get sent on a little imaginary cruise through memories, feeling oddly sedated and satisfied keeping the whole album on loop.

 I listened to it on repeat recently on a red-eye flight back from Los Angeles, just as the city was being shut down by the COVID-13 virus, perfect antidote to the surrealistic state of anxiety.

Medical grade face mask and purple latex gloves looked cool with my shades and neon green trenchcoat, in a Willy Wonka Hazmat sort of way.

I really love this album, it captures the full burn cycle of love and leaves me on the upswing.

<3 DJ Double Enya

Here's a favorite from the album:
   

No comments:

Post a Comment