Sunday, March 22, 2020

MUSIC REVIEW 004 Danny Henry - Danifest Destiny

This album is the sort of thing that gets COMPLETELY lost on people. It definitely did in 2019. Based on listening to the contents of this record, I thought they would be throwing this guy parades in the streets by now!  In all honestly, Danny is a friend of mine. I met him playing open mic nights. When I first met heard him, I thought he was genuinely awful (he enthusiastically and without a drop of irony played a Backstreet Boys song and an original that wasn't much different).

Then one night, we discovered we we're hard line Beach Boys fans! We've been pals ever since. This record has a remarkable backstory wherein Danny journeyed in his car from Connecticut all the way to Los Angeles, California to eventually work with producer and multi-instrumentalists Fernando Perdomo (a real pip). Danny Henry's catch phrase is Danny Henry is real. Which is something I genuinely came to believe.

I'm going to let this record mostly speak for itself but that at times the sound of Danny Henry's voice has been a real comfort to me and has deeply moved me with its honesty and ability to transport the listener into a world of Danny's own. My favorite songs were Dearest Thing to Me, Listen to the City, & Cereal Man. If you want to hear what a hard working pop genius sounds like, give this record a listen. Definitely worth a listen if you like the Beach Boys!!



The Swoop is legitimately something I find VERY funny! Its basically a 50s pastiche style song where Danny tries to reintroduce white people to dry humping the air while dancing.

PLEASE LISTEN // BUY // <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment