Friday, April 3, 2020

RETRO REVIEW 005:: Radio Zumbido - Last days of AM

Back in middle school this album carved out a much needed space beyond NOFX and Radiohead.
The armchair sonic fantasies of exotica, delivered in an internet age collage of rhythm, field recordings and electronica genres, I loved the sunny and supersmart mood of this album. 

I remember being happy and being smart seemingly existing in opposition to eachother, my goth friends really driving this point to an extreme. This album kinda made me not care about Modest Mouse or Radiohead - which I'm really grateful for! I never related to that angst and depression, I still don't. 

I love the utopian holographic summer radiating from this album, like Mouse on Mars, it combines samples and synthesizers in a mesh of improvisation and delicate editing to create what to me is a new listening experience with every return listen.

I spent alot of time on Fruity Loops trying to recreate the sounds on this record but could never pull it off the spacious sense of swing and interwoven jazzlike entrances and exits.



Hope u enjoy!

<3 Joey B

No comments:

Post a Comment